SERVPRO of Missoula Eliminates Smoke Damage to Keep You Safe and Healthy
Smoke damage is one of the highest health risks in a home. The trained teams at SERVPRO® of Missoula are prepared to help keep you and your home safe.
Call SERVPRO of Missoula to Remediate Smoke Damage
Emergency services are available:
- Every day, even holidays and weekends
- 24 hours a day
Smoke is bad for your house, bad for the furniture, bad for the environment, bad for your pets, and most crucially, bad for your health.
Smoke irritates the lungs, eyes, mucous membranes (mouth, throat), and sometimes the skin of people, especially those who are/have:
- Respiratory conditions such as asthma
- Cardiac conditions
Smoke continues to do damage even after the fires (or whatever deposited it) were extinguished. If you can see the stains or smell the lingering odors, smoke particles remain.
Call us to Learn More about How SERVPRO of Missoula Can Help
We have significant experience in fire and smoke remediation and in home and belongings restoration. Check our website for more information.
Smoke is corrosive, so whether you call us immediately after the disaster or years later, we will follow the air currents to find the likely deposits of smoke and soot.
Our teams will:
- Look at the areas where smoke and soot particles congregate, such as ceilings, around metal fixtures, inside drawers (even if they are far from the source of the fire), on top of curtains, and inside air vents
- Clean and disinfect textiles, walls, and ceilings, furniture
- Replace drywall and sheetrock (if necessary)
- Eliminate – not cover up – lingering odors
In Case of a Fire
There is no object in the house more important than the people. If there is a fire, everyone needs to get out.
The great majority of people who die in house fires die because they are overcome by smoke.
SERVPRO of Missoula can help restore buildings and belongings to preloss conditions. We can do nothing to restore people or pets.
Get out of the house, and we promise, we will always do our best to make everything look right again.
When fire and water take control of your life,
we help you take it back
Possible Sources of Smoke
- House fires (most house fires start in the kitchen, but December is peak season for candle fires)
- Fires from wildfires, neighbors’ homes, other outside sources
- Incense, fireplaces, cooking (not out-of-control fires)
- Bad habits (in 2020, you should know better)
- Candles (celebratory, romantic, worship)
- Overloading extension cords
- Putting flammables too close to lightbulbs or other heating elements
SERVPRO of Missoula Wishes You All a Very Happy and Safe December