If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (406) 327-9500

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

When and why asbestos testing is necessary in your Missoula home

6/3/2021 (Permalink)

Caution tape reading “Danger, Asbestos Hazard” Asbestos testing keeps you, your family, and the restoration professionals working in your home safe.

Even if you don’t know exactly what asbestos is, you probably know it’s bad news. That’s because asbestos, which is a naturally occurring fibrous material, becomes permanently trapped in the body when inhaled, and over time can lead to a multiplicity of health effects.

Before the health effects of asbestos were known, it was used widely in construction for its strength and its heat-resistant qualities. According to the Asbestos Network, “Asbestos was used in almost every public and commercial building constructed before the 1980s in the United States,” and even after the discovery of the possible side-effects to asbestos exposure, it took several years to phase-out widespread use in U.S.

That’s why today, it’s standard practice in the restoration industry to test for asbestos in materials that need to be disturbed during the restoration process, in most homes built prior to the 21st century. If asbestos is found in materials such as insulation, adhesives, or drywall, SERVPRO of Missoula will bring in a certified abatement professional prior to the necessary demolition. Doing so keeps you, your family, and our employees safe while we work on making your water, fire, or mold damage “Like it never even happened.”

Other News

View Recent Posts