Where there's smoke, SERVPRO of Missoula can help
Fire season will soon be upon us in Western Montana. A wildfire can cause more than just the damage that you see. If fire damages your property, it can throw your life into chaos. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are dedicated to restoring your damaged property back to preloss condition and helping your life get back to normal.
Even if your property didn’t suffer fire damage, there may be soot particles and residues left to clean up. If cleaned improperly, the odor and effects can linger long after the fire has been put out. From the structure itself to the contents inside, your Franchise Professionals use the latest technology and training to leave your property smelling fresh and clean.
Tips from FEMA for when wildfire threatens:
- Wear protective clothing.
- Take your Emergency Supply Kit.
- Lock your home or business.
- Tell someone when you left and where you are going.
- Choose a route away from fire hazards.
- Close windows, vents, doors, blinds, or noncombustible window coverings.
- Shut off all utilities, if possible.
- Open fireplace damper. Close fireplace screens.
- Move flammable furniture into the center of the home.
- Turn on a light in each room to increase the visibility of your home.
- Seal attic and ground vents with precut noncombustible coverings.
- Turn off propane tanks.
- Place combustible patio furniture inside. Connect the garden hose to outside taps.
- Place lawn sprinklers on the roof and near above ground fuel tanks.
- Wet or remove shrubs within 15 feet of the home or business.
- Gather fire tools.
For more detailed wildfire safety tips visit FEMA’s website at www.ready.gov
When wildfire takes control of your life, SERVPRO of Missoula is here to help you take it back. Our trained professionals can give you peace of mind by helping make it “Like it never even happened.” Don’t fear, we are here! Call us today at 406-327-9500 to see how we can help.