Tips on preparing your business for winter weather
Western Montana winters not only bring cold weather, but there are also many holidays that are celebrated during this time of year. Fall is a busy time of year for many, as there is a lot that needs to be done to prepare for winter weather. There are a few tips listed below that can help make sure your business is safe and festive for the season.
- Inspecting for downed tree limbs and branches will not only keep your property looking more attractive, but the wind, heavy rain, ice and snow, can cause branches to fall which can potentially cause personal injuries.
- Prevent slip and fall accidents by inspecting handrails, walkways, stairwells and parking lots for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazards or slippery areas. Install mats and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Prevent frozen pipes by making sure that pipes in unheated spaces are properly insulated to keep the water from expanding and bursting, which can result in potential water damage.
- Have your HVAC system inspected. A professional can clean, change filters and perform minor repairs, if needed. Doing this before the winter weather arrives will ensure that everyone in the building will stay comfortable.
- Prepare for the worst: a severe snow storm could force you to be shut down for several days. Consider investing in a generator so your business will have constant power and, ask SERVPRO of Missoula about starting an Emergency Ready Profile for your business.
- Decorate your business: This will help attract customers by showing them that you are in the holiday spirit.
There are many things that business owners have to do as winter approaches. Taking the time to properly plan will help ensure that your business is a success during the winter months. It will also prepare you for the unexpected. If your Western Montana business does experience a loss, or you want to prepare an Emergency Ready Profile, call us at SERVPRO of Missoula at 406-327-9500.