Securing Your Property After a Western Montana Hail Storm
Montanan’s aren’t strangers to hail storms which can have devastating effects on your home or business property. While there is no way to prevent the damage, there are steps you can take before, during and after to be better prepared and protected.
Before the storm
- Make sure you know what your property insurance covers and what the deductible is. If you aren’t sure, you may want to call your agent.
- If you have items outside such as outdoor patio furniture, lawn/garden items or vehicles that you don’t want to get damaged, put them inside or under a protective cover until the storm passes.
- Check for, and repair any damaged or missing shingles, and make sure rain gutters and drains are free of clogs so water buildup doesn’t cause any damage.
During the storm - Safety is the priority during a hailstorm
- Bring pets indoors immediately.
- Stay indoors. Hail dents wood and metal, and can break glass. It can also hurt you.
- Close your drapes and curtains. This won’t prevent damage, but it’ll help prevent the broken glass from flying into your room.
After the storm
SERVPRO of Missoula is a full-service damage restoration company. We can provide you with the following services:
- Emergency Roof Tarp
- Board up Services
- Water Damage Restoration
- Insurance Claims
- Reconstruction and Roof Restoration Service
Western Montana can see hail of all sizes, big and small, and they fall fast and hard. However, if you notice damage call SERVPRO of Missoula at 406-327-9500 as soon as possible. We will send our trained technicians out as soon as it is safe for them to go. We have the knowledge, experience and top of the line equipment to help make hail storm damage “Like it never even happened.”