Recent Commercial Posts
Put Help in the Palm of Your Hand
The SERVPRO® Ready Plan App gives quick access to important information with just a few simple clicks.
Our SERVPRO® Ready Plan App is a no-cost readiness plan that places your ready plan data on your mobile device for quick access during an emergency. The SERVPRO® Ready Plan is a tool that Western Montana property managers and owners, both residential and commercial can use. It allows for the creation of an Emergency READY Profile. By developing a SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile (ERP) for your home or business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your home or business. In just a few easy steps, you can get started creating an Emergency READY Profile for all of your properties. To learn more contact SERVPRO of Missoula at 406-327-9500, or to simply get started using your computer, tablet or smartphone, just click here: https://ready.SERVPRO.com/home/mobileapp
What would you do if your business suffers a fire?
Firefighter leaves a burning fire.
If a fire strikes your business or commercial property in the Western Montana region, knowing what steps to take can help reduce some of the obvious stress and anxiety associated with not just the obvious property destruction, but also the economic turmoil business disruption that a fire can cause. Being prepared can save you time and money, and help ensure your business’s continued success.
- Call your Insurance Company Immediately
Be sure that you call your insurance company as soon as it is safe for you to do so. This step is important because your insurance agent will work with you to file a claim and determine how much coverage you'll attain for the commercial damages.
- Contact A Fire Remediation Expert
Once the fire department has doused all of the flames, call a fire remediation expert. SERVPRO of Missoula will be able to provide you with a thorough assessment indicating the extent of the damages. Don't ever attempt to handle any of the cleanups, drying, or restoration processes on your own. Doing so could put you in danger of injury and/or illness.
- Assemble Essential Records
In addition to contacting a fire remediation expert, make sure that you assemble your business's insurance company. To guarantee that you can have all of your files ready in a safe place, make sure to store your important documents in a fireproof safe, and when possible have access electronically to the critical information, because you don’t know how long it may be until you can access your files.
- Get Permission to Re-enter the Building
Always ask the fire department or another local authority when and if you can reenter your building. In some cases, fires can weaken the structural integrity of the commercial property and make it subject to collapse. This is why you need to assure that reentry is safe for you and your employees.
Locally owned and operated
If your business caught on fire, don't worry. Instead, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Missoula and let us start cleaning up immediately. Acting quickly is the key to limiting damages and expediting the restoration process. Our highly trained technicians and top of the line equipment are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to respond quickly to your Western Montana commercial fire emergency event. When damage occurs, we have the resources and personnel to help. Call us today at (406) 327-9500.
Carbon Monoxide: The Silent Cold Weather Killer
Carbon monoxide is a gas you cannot see, taste or smell. According to ready.gov an average of 430 American's die each year from unintentional carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. Often it is the result of faulty, improperly used or vented consumer products like furnaces, ranges, water heaters, space heaters, and combustion engine-powered equipment, such as portable generators.
However, there are precautions you can take to help protect yourself, your family and your employees from deadly CO fumes.
-Reduce the chance of CO exposure in your workplace by performing regular maintenance on equipment and appliances that can produce CO.
-Install carbon monoxide detectors on every level of your home, including outside of all bedrooms.
-Consider having all fuel burning heating equipment and chimneys serviced annually by a professional.
-Use portable generators only outdoors away from doors, windows, vents or any other openings to prevent fumes from entering the home.
For additional CO safety information, visit usfa.fema.gov or osha.gov
The Science of Drying
Stormy and Blaze checking on our top of the line equipment.
Did you know there is actually a science behind the process of drying? The knowledge of psychrometrics is essential to restoring a water damaged structure to its preloss condition. While your initial reaction may be to grab a few towels to mop up the mess and place a fan or two around the damaged area, your Missoula SERVPRO is trained to the science of drying and follow strict industry approved standards to help lower the chances of any secondary damages. If your business suffers a water damage, your Missoula SERVPRO Franchise Professionals will:
- Inspect the building to detect every component that is wet, to help prevent secondary damage from happening.
- Measure how much moisture is in wet material and monitor whether the materials are drying properly.
- Speed up Mother Nature by using professional drying equipment.
What exactly does “speed up Mother Nature” mean? A wet building can often dry naturally because the environment always seeks equilibrium. When materials are wet, moisture will naturally move to drier air at the surface of the material – but only if the air is indeed drier. The only problem is nature often takes too long and secondary damages may occur while the building is drying out. For this reason your Missoula SERVPRO is trained to use top of the line equipment to help Mother Nature along, including equipment to help dry hardwood floors, tough-to-reach spaces inside walls and much more.
SERVPRO also uses state of the art monitoring equipment and a proven scientific process to help speed the drying of your home or business. The bottom line? SERVPRO of Missoula has the training and equipment to help make it “Like it never even happened.” We are available to help 24 hours / 7 days a week! Give us at a call at 406-327-9500.
Snowflakes- Double Edged Swords
Are you prepared for the coming winter weather? Cold weather can have a large impact on your home or business if you are not ready for it. From heavy rain and freezing temperatures to sleet or snow, all can cause costly property damage.
While you can't control the weather, you can take steps to be prepared and help take the bite out of the winter weather.
To help prevent costly damages due to weather, consider taking the following precautions to protect your property before colder weather hits.
- Check your business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Wind, heavy rain, ice, and snow can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Roofs, down spouts and gutters should all be inspected to ensure they are in working order. Gutter downspouts should be directed away from the building. Clear gutters of debris that has gathered. Leaves can cause a damming effect which can lead to roof damage and interior water problems.
- Inspect property, walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells, and entryways to correct any potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surfaces where water could be present.
- Protect water pipes from freezing by simply allowing water to drip when temperatures dip below freezing. If pipes are under a cabinet, leave the cabinet doors open, allowing warm air inside to circulate. If the building has outdoor faucets, consider shutting water off at the main valve in the basement or crawl space. Once the valve is off, open the outdoor faucet to ensure it drainspreventing any remaining water from freezing in the pipe.
When winter weather strikes your home or business, call SERVPRO of Missoula at 406-327-9500 to strike back! We are available 24 hours, seven days a week.
Tips to Keeping it Merry and Bright, Missoula
Pretty lights, candles and decorations are a few of the items bringing holiday cheer to this winter. However, if they are not used carefully your holidays might go from all that is merry and bright to a frightening mess.
The American Red Cross offers the following safety tips to help greatly reduce the fire risk in your home and business this holiday season.
- Place Christmas trees, candles, and other holiday decorations at least three feet away from heat sources like fireplaces, portable heaters, radiators, and heat vents.
- Make sure that light strings and other holiday decorations are in good condition. Do not use anything with frayed electrical cords and always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Always unplug tree and holiday lights before leaving the property or going to bed.
- Never use lit candles to decorate a tree. Always extinguish candles before leaving the room or going to bed.
SERVPRO of Missoula wish you and yours a safe and happy holiday season!